Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Big Reveal

I first acquainted you with my room decorating project in this post.  Since that time I’ve painted, ordered blinds, reworked draperies, and dug through boxes of treasures that represent a variety of aspects of my life with my husband and family.  

Here is what I started out with (no, that right window is not crooked).

Here it is now.  
I have yet to bring my plants from my former house, and still need a few more accessories, but for the most part I am enormously pleased!  Trust me when I tell you that the photos do not do this room justice.  It’s a great beginning to my whole house decorating project. 
My son pulled together all of the accessories to make a great arrangement atop the media center.
My cozy reading corner.
A basket collected on one of our travels.
My beloved Nancy Drews.

I changed my mind on the trunk, switching from the original rather simple version to this sunburst, darker trunk with legs. A furry bear footstool lurks in the background.
This is the picture that started it all. I swear I’m going to hang it one day.

My mother made these drapes for me years ago for a guest room. They worked out perfectly here.
Travel souvenirs.
More travel souvenirs.
A didgeridoo purchased in London is propped next to an African mask.
My dad’s pocket trumpet.
A camera my dad bought in Berlin near the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag building (Hitler's Headquarters) in 1945, perched on top of a portion of my complete collection of Agatha Christie novels.
A septarian nodule dating back to my college days as a geology major.

Now on to the kitchen, bedroom, and bathrooms!

This post is linked to:

6 comments:

Vee said...

It looks great and it contains all the things you love, which makes it all the better. Your son did a wonderful job with the vignettes.

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

I love that red chair! How fun!

Anonymous said...

You have great taste and a real talent for decorating. Your Nancy Drew books made me nostalgic, I had tons of those books as a kid. I loved them too.

Winnie

My Dream Canvas said...

Lovely images! I would love for you to visit me at My Dream Canvas :-) You have a lovely blog.

Janet Rudolph said...

This is almost like visiting... Love the look and the souvenirs. So telling about what's important to you.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OMgoodness, I have pillows that match your drapes! Love all the souveniers from around the world. The whole room looks very pretty. PLEASE, turn off the word verification. I am sure you are losing comments. XO, Pinky